The purpose of the School Board Advocacy Award is to recognize a county school board, in its entirety, whose members have demonstrated their belief in and support of school counseling and whose advocacy of school counseling services in their district is evident and demonstrated by decisions that have an unparalleled, positive impact for all counselors, and their students, within that school district.
ELIGIBILITY FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Nominee may be an active school board member that has consistently made a significant contribution to the improvement of guidance and counseling services within the county they preside over.
CRITERIA FOR RECOGNITION:
- Exemplary support of counseling and guidance services.
- Outstanding promotion of counseling and guidance services.
- Implementation of new/additional counseling and guidance services.
- Improvement of existing counseling and guidance services.